Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Kristen's interview with USA Today


"People think they knew a lot about me before. They know even less now. People will project whatever. It's a huge form of entertainment. As soon as you step outside your own life and look at it like that and think that you can shape something -- you need to live your life. I'm just going to live my life, actually," she says.

A few highlights from the late-afternoon chat:

On the end of the Twilight franchise: "I never felt stuck in that. Not at all. I had so many opportunities in the midst of that to do a million things. If it kept me from doing other things, I still wouldn't resent it. You start a project to finish it. I was eager to get back and finish the story. (On the Road) wasn't me stepping out to do a different thing to liberate myself."

On her fame: "There are a few things that make it seem (expletive) real. It's all totally circumstantial. You sound like you're complaining. I sit in restaurants and the real normal reaction to seeing a famous person in a restaurant -- because it's so weird -- is that people laugh or smile or look over. I feel like I'm in the sixth grade and everyone in the room is laughing at me. Some people can come into a room and say hello to everyone and it's fine. I'm not that person. I don't think I'm very approachable. That's good, though. Rob is (noticed) way more than I am, especially if we're out together. He's so recognizable and I'm not. I put a hood on and I'm a girl with long hair. I can go out."

On the misconception that she's cold and unfriendly: "People think I'm fairly unapproachable, which is crazy. If I ever meet anyone who's into Twilight, there's nothing like having someone be like, 'I love that thing.' This is a very relatable feeling."

On being reserved: "My friends literally applaud me when I go ask where the bathroom is. Or if I'm like, 'can we get another round of drinks?' You really took the bull by the horns! I can't imagine a quality I dislike more in a person (than being entitled)."

Source via @KstewAngel thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?