Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Kristen's interview at the Chanel SS22 Show in Paris with WWD


Kristen Stewart rocked pink hair at the Chanel show, where she stealthily slipped into the front row a few minutes late.

“We kinda let the clothes inform the hair today. A tweed suit can be quite ladylike, so I wanted to find a way to turn it inside out,” said the actress, who always injects a little bit of punk into her wardrobe.

The star is fresh off the Met Gala, where she dressed as a modern Barbie, and the Venice Film Festival with the triumphant premiere of her Princess Diana film “Spencer.”

While missing the “so human and genuine and basically f–king lovely” Karl Lagerfeld, she said working with Chanel creative director Virginie Viard has been an invigorating experience.

“She’s kind of a rock star. I feel like in another life she was on stage with a microphone, even though she’s so shy and kind of understated. She doesn’t want to just continue this idea of French femininity and ease and effortless elegance, she tells a very dynamic story.” When a rendition of George Michael’s “Freedom! ’90” blasted at the end, Stewart said she felt “enlivened.”

“I was genuinely moved because people within this industry have a tendency to feel a little bit on a leash and this just felt unleashed with these girls just flipping their hair around and laughing.”

Stewart experienced much of the same playfulness when starring as Diana, even though the film depicts a sad time in the princess’ life. “I wasn’t expecting to feel 10 feet tall. She had a God-given gift of connection. I got to taste that for a second and it felt amazing,” she said, ignoring any early awards season buzz with a typically nonplussed shrug.

Stewart channeled Diana’s style on-and-off set in Germany. “We were putting on English-forward outfits every day. I’ve always loved a loafer, I’ve always loved a tweed suit, always loved a bike short, but now I really, really love all these things.”

Blackpink star Jennie and Stewart posed for selfies backstage. “I kinda am fangirling for her. I love her and I finally got to meet her, I’m so happy,” said Jennie, who called the ’80-inspired elevated catwalk “the most energetic show I’ve ever been to.”

Source: WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?