Thursday, October 7, 2021

Video: Kristen's interview with Sky News for 'Spencer'

 

While speculation over whether the Queen watches The Crown rarely abates, the Royals as a rule say they don't watch fiction based on their lives

But that doesn't stop actors worrying about how their performances will be judged by the Royal family, and indeed impact on their legacy.

In Spencer, Pablo Larrain's highly anticipated new film about Diana, Kristen Stewart hopes Princes William and Harry might forgive any sense of invasion (when it comes to seemingly endless TV and film portrayals of their mother) because of a governing sense of empathy in how she approached the role.

"I'm obsessed with her - I love her so much," Stewart told Sky News.

"We came to this with a lot of curiosity, and they've [William and Harry] endured that curiosity worldwide their whole lives, and so I'm sure that they're used to it, but it's not their favourite thing.

"But having said that, it is sort of their jobs and I can relate to that.

"I think that you can see that in the both of them, they are, seemingly from the outside, very different people that are kind of forging a path, and that's her I see her in them and that could sound really kooky - I'm sure that that sounds crazy to them.

The media scrutiny Kristen Stewart faced over her Twilight years was on an arguably on an unprecedented scale.

Perhaps not on a par with that Princess Diana endured, but still making Stewart, potentially the one of the best castings of the people's princess to date.

"People always say 'what do you do when people take your picture? You're an actress', it's like, through my bedroom window," says the 31-year-old.

While Stewart accepts she has a level of understanding when it comes to being hounded by the press, the comparison between her experience and Diana's is limited.

"It's difficult to compare because... she was a figurehead... Her job was to kind of uphold that ideal. I'm allowed to make mistakes and choices, and therefore the pictures feel invasive, sure, but just less... I feel very lucky to not have a crushing responsibility to be a certain way.

"I'm constantly asked moral questions in interviews, and it's not my job to be right or wrong about things and teach people.

"I'm not a queen, I'm not a princess - it must have been heavy, and it's like the fact that they're able to make that choice."

Source: Sky News

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?