Monday, May 23, 2016

Olivier Assayas mentions Kristen in regards to his win at Cannes w/ Le Parisien



Google translated:

The filmmaker, aged 61, spoke to us after the ceremony: "I never received any awards at Cannes as a director, and I was never been on the scene. It's very moving. I did not dare hope, but the direction, in a way, this is the best prize. It touches me more that film directors friends have had it in previous years: Hou Hsiao-Hsien, Edward Yang, André Téchiné. There is something very exciting in Cannes. There is also an incredible tension. This is the reverse of a festival where people snooze while watching movies. We fight for convictions. And I've never made ​​films to produce consensus. And I am in good company: Cristian Mungiu, Andrea Arnold , Xavier Dolan , and Ken Loach , our eldest. Not to mention Jean-Pierre Léaud, which means a lot to me. This award, in my mind, goes half to Kristen Stewart without her energy, talent, imagination, I would not have turned Personal Shopper like that. The staging makes sense if it gives life to the work of the actors, and then I shot with an exceptional actress. "

Source/Via

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?