Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Mackenzie Davis talks 'Happiest Season' and Kristen with The Independent



Excerpt:

Though it’s seemed a charmed run, Davis says she’s often fought a lack of confidence. Therapy has helped. “It’s made things a lot less vague for me. I don’t so much try to control those feelings of anxiety or upset but understand them.” Kristen Stewart helped, too. On the set of Happiest Season, their forthcoming lesbian romcom, Davis was convinced everyone would realise she was bad at acting. “I’m like, ‘I don’t know how to do this and everyone is finally going to see it on this one,’” she jokes. Stewart, however, was “soothing” for her. “She’s been doing this forever and is, you know, somebody that seems very stable and secure in their enormous success but also gets the same feelings I get every day. Being an actor is not hard at all, but the emotional awkwardness of slipping into a role can feel excruciating.”

Working on Happiest Season right before coronavirus shut down the entertainment industry has also made her re-evaluate many of her past career goals. “I used to really like the challenge of switching between genres and being conscious of not wanting to be one single thing,” she explains. “Tonal shifts really appealed to me. But I think that’s kind of gone away a bit. Happiest Season was just two months of uninterrupted joy, and I realised I really like going to set every day and laughing.”


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?