Friday, January 10, 2020

Kristen's Tumblr Q&A for 'Underwater'




Hi Kristen!  I know MANY scripts make their way across your desk... What was it that drew you to Underwater in the first place? What, in particular, ended up compelling you to take on this project?

The mystery of such immense darkness setting the existential back drop of the movie was cool to me… that this person was at odds with the idea of survival but so quintessentially human that empathy kind of aggressively finds it’s way into the whole experience —felt urgent.

Anonymous asked:

How long can you hold your breath underwater?

I dunno I feel like I have a pretty low heart rate and when I set my mind to something lemme tell yuh…. no I’d probably tap out early… not a strong swimmer.

comet-baby asked:

Was there any point in the making of the movie that you had nightmares similar to what you were shooting on set?

I often have claustrophobic dreams but on this movie… I think when I slept it was black. We needed all the sleep.

kaelthas-sunstrider asked:

Was there anything you either really loved or connected to about your character for this film?

Nora on paper was roughly drawn… I was excited about being present and physical in a time of such crisis and wonder what this person we will only come to know has to live for… She is someone you would want to ask like…whats wrong, dude?  but when the movie starts you just don’t have time. You are in the midst of survival.

kaelthas-sunstrider asked:

Was there a moment that really made you laugh while filming?

Yes. Maybe only one. The suits were truly excruciating  and limiting in terms of movement.. it was hot. It was scary. There is a scene in the movie that makes me laugh so much. TJ says… “FUCK OUR LIVES” . He meant that. It was not scripted. It was visceral. Method acting.

Anonymous asked:

If you could spend a day out where no one recognized you, what would you do?

I’m a people watcher… Times Square… the mall… Six Flags… the airport… I would post up and stare.

itsdragoneus asked:

what is some advice for a beginning actor?

There is a reason you want it. Figure out why. Make mistakes shove your face in everything…

carry-one-tater-tot asked:

Hey, Kristen! What do you think lives at the bottom of the ocean, other than what we’ve discovered already? Would you want to meet such things at the bottom of the ocean?

no.

Anonymous asked:

How long can you hold your breath underwater?

I dunno I feel like I have a pretty low heart rate and when I set my mind to something lemme tell you.... no I'd probably tap out early not  strong swimmer

comet-baby asked:

Was there any point in the making of the movie that you had nightmares similar to what you were shooting on set?

I often have claustrophobic dreams but on this movie.... I think when I slept it was black. We needed all the sleep

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?