Monday, November 5, 2012

New Interview & Video: Cambio Interviews Kristen at AFI OTR LA Premiere


Kristen Stewart and Garrett Hedlund have some racy scenes in On the Road...so how do their parents feel about the mature content?

"My mom and my sister watched it next to me," Garrett, 28, said at a press event earlier today. "There were a lot of laughs. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!"

"I think the only thing harder for a parent is watching [your child] in a dying scene," Garrett added. "I've died in, like, three films. To get [my mom] to watch I Am Sam I told her it was a comedy. She came back with pockets full of Kleenex."

As for Kristen?

"I think everyone was really happy it took a few years for the movie to get made," she said. "I haven't really [warned] them...my mom came to Cannes--she loved it and was really proud. I haven't talked to my dad about it yet, really."

"It's easy to be mature about it, and place it in a context and feel protective of it," the 22-year-oldTwilight star added.

Director Walter Salles also commented on how mature Kristen was about the nude scenes.

"I think that she's such a mature and serious actress, that although the character is very different than who she is, she understood everything in the logic of the character made sense," Walter said.

In fact, Kristen added that Welcome to the Rileys was probably more difficult for her parents to watch.

"I was so overtly sensitive about anything to do with--not overtly sexual--just anything about a young girl," Kristen said about Rileys. "It rocked me and I think my parents could feel that as well."

Dailymotion:
thanks to veronicaspuffy
Original:
On their way down the red carpet, we caught up with On the Road stars Kristen Stewart and Garrett Hedlund!

Garrett, who waited six years to be able to play the part of Dean Moriarty in the film adaptation of the Jack Kerouac Beat Generation novel, talks about what it was like finally making the movie.

On the Road follows a young writer named Sal Paradise (Sam Riley) who gets a shake-up call after meeting the free-spirited Dean Moriarty (Garrett Hedlund) and his girlfriend Marylou (Kristen Stewart, in one of her more mature roles to date). As the trio travels across the country, they embark on a spiritual as well as a drug-fueled physical journey.

In our interview (above), Kristen reveals how many people she'd want to road trip with, how she relates to the film's beatnik lifestyle and how she likes to surprise herself constantly.

"As soon as you get too comfortable with something, life becomes incredibly boring," says Kristen. Given her recent romantic history, we won't take that the wrong way! We get what the 22-year-old actress is trying to get across.

On the Road will be released on December 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?