Friday, November 9, 2012

Kristen's Interview with Backstage

imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
Some quotes:

“I actually like giving interviews!” She elaborates, “Given that I can talk to a hundred or more people at a press junket, at some point there is going to be something brought up that makes me see things I never considered. It’s fascinating to talk to so many people about one of the most important things in your life.”

“The role was so beyond me at that point,” she says. “I loved the character, and I would have done craft services to be involved with that movie. But I drove away shaking because I was thinking, ‘Oh, my God, I think I’m going to get the job, and I don’t know if I can do it!’ ”

“I know it’s an odd thing to say, but it didn’t worry me. I really do love taking walls down. I didn’t want to hide, especially as Marylou—she’s the last person who would hide.” As it turns out, it was a simple dance scene that frightened Stewart the most. “But whenever I had doubts, I was able to talk to Walter, and all my apprehensions went away,” she says. She starts to praise her director at length before stopping herself and saying, “What can I say—he’s fucking awesome.” 

“Other people try to distance me from her, but not me,” she says. “I’ve said it a hundred times before: I love Bella.” To that end, she admits to getting frustrated when people label the character as weak or passive; it does seem a faulty argument, considering how many times Bella takes action that endangers her life to fight for what she loves. “If Edward and Bella switched places, he would be viewed as someone to admire, someone who just lays everything on the line,” she says. “It takes such a strong person to completely subject yourself to something and give yourself over to something so wholly. It’s an equal relationship; they both give the same amount, so why is she condemned for it? I don’t get it.”


HQ Scans:
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Read the complete interview on Backstage 

Thanks @malenacasey for the heads up!

Via @kstewartnews

Thanks @itsoktobeyouorg for the new pic added :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?