Friday, August 2, 2019

Kristen featured in the 2020 Pirelli Calendar



imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Photos of the 2020 Pirelli Calendar

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Click on all images for full view.


The 2020 Pirelli Calendar by Paolo Roversi entitled ‘Looking for Juliet’. The photographer’s project, which involves actresses and singers of different cultures and countries, takes its cue from the Shakespearean drama and the intersection of love, strength, youth and beauty embodied by its female protagonist.

The protagonists of “Looking for Juliet” were invited by the photographer to present the role of Juliet in an ideal casting session that sees them act, pose, sing; each through their own emotion, art form, personality, character and interpretation of the role.

Roversi chose nine personalities to interpret the role of Juliet. They include the British actors Claire Foy, Mia Goth and the British actor and activist Emma Watson, the American actors Indya Moore, Yara Shahidi and Kristen Stewart, the Chinese singer Chris Lee, the Spanish singer Rosalia, and the Franco-Italian artist Stella Roversi.

Shot in Paris and Verona over a week in May, Roversi says of his calendar: “I am still searching for my Juliet and I will be searching all my life. Because Juliet is a dream”.

Interview with photographer, Paolo Roversi:

PAOLO What makes you the actress you are today?

KRISTEN It’s weird because for me acting is kind of the least performative thing I’ve ever had to do. When it feels like discovering, and it feels like there’s an accumulative effort to dig something up, and you don’t quite know what it is —there’s a surprise to that. And there’s learning. When I watch movies I want to see people learning things. I don’t want to see people telling you, I don’t want to learn lessons; I want to watch people stumble upon things that shock them and scare them. Then you can kind of project, and go on that ride with them. I can’t say I accomplish this all the time, but what I really hope to do is lose control completely and find something unexpected. And for me, for when I watch films, my favourite actors are sprawling, you know.

PAOLO Does it take time for you to come out of yourself when you are in the part?

KRISTEN Well, we have so many versions of ourselves inside of us. I’m never trying to lie and be someone I’m not. My favourite thing about my job, and what I get to do as expression, is to surprise myself and go “Oh my god, I didn’t know that I had this in me.”

PAOLO Even a Juliet?

KRISTEN I would never play a part that I didn’t find deeply hidden in myself somewhere—even if it was a lesser known facet, it’s still in there. I could never play someone that I wasn’t, because that’s just a lie.

PAOLO You look like a very pure person and a rebel at the same time. Juliet was a rebel in a way too.

KRISTEN The ultimate, yeah.

PAOLO She went against all the rules; she fell in love with the enemy, secretly married him, and took the poison...






Preview 





BTS + Interview



Full BTS Video + Interview


For more details on the prestigious Pirelli Calendar check out their site here.

Source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  9 10 Via 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?