Monday, November 7, 2011

Kristen in Criativa Magazine (Brazil)


Discreet, she doesn't confirm if she's having a romantic relationship off screen with Pattinson. But the rumors, those are stronger than ever. In the interview given right after the two parts of 'Breaking Dawn' were shot, Kristen Stewart also balances the movies that are going to end the series and tells how Twilight changed radically her life.

How do you feel with the end of the Saga?

It's weird to think we're not going to continue. The fact that the fourth book was divided in two movies gave us the opportunity to enjoy all the moments. It's sad, I mean, not actually sad, but we need to understand that those incredible moments are coming to an end. For example, the last day of shooting everything was really quick, and it wasn't really emotional. Everyone was tired and went back home as soon as the sun rose. The next day it was when we realized: well, we're finished!

What do you think of the message of the books and movies transmitted to young women, since Bella is so obsessed with her boyfriend?

It's true that Bella and everything are especially focused on Edward. But it's also about her, it's a very narcissist trip. I think it's brave of her to subject herself to something worth it, even it's bigger than you. She's the strongest part of the relationship, anyway. Bella is still fighting, while he's already thrown the relationship away like five times. She has heavenly intuition, and is willing to carry that weight. A jornalist mentioned that someone in the cast said Bella isn't a good example for girls. I disagree. If you look the summary of the story, you could say something like that. Reading the whole book, no.

The birthing scenes brought a pro-life [opposed to abortion] debate to the movie. Was that discussed on set?

Yeah, we talked about it during reharsals. For me, it was clear when I read the book, but I knew this [interpretation] could surface. Bella doesn't have defined ideas about this kind of stuff, and the book isn't clear about her religion. I hope people don't get a hold on that.

The birthing description is scary. How do you think are the younger fans going to react to that scene?

The movie, in the US, is rated PG-13. I think that should be respected. But it's the end of a journey which Bella would die for. Even if it's scary and . In this point of the story, she gets really close to death and she's not lying. I think it's a great way to end the story.

Does the movie bring sex scenes that are more discreet in the book?

In some moments, it didn't seem like a movie of the Twilight saga, it looked like: "whoa, what are we doing?". But the scenes aren't visually explicits, like with close up actually. Even if it's in the book there's no sex description, in the movie [the scenes] looked like Edward and Bella. It made me think of when I was that age and went through the same thing.

Was it difficult to be a mother in the movie?

No, it was all set for that. It's be weird if they said: "Let's get an apartment together and see how things go." I related very much with the maternal aspect, with the fact that Bella is a mother and finds that idendity.

Are you anxious to be out of the spotlight?

I don't know, I'll probably talk about the Saga for the rest of my career. And the fans are not going to forget.

You seem much more relaxed than in the beginning.

True. It was very hard in the beginning. You're simply thrown in this situation to communicate with the world. The thing is to talk to yourself. If you say something bitchy, people will think you're a bitch. And that's fine.

Jodie Foster [whom Kristen worked with in Panic Room in 2002] looked surprised that you got to the stardom. Like she thought you never would get there.

Nobody did. It was probably because I was kind of freaked out and everyone thought I was weird in the beginning.

Still, she looks very fond of you. Do you still talk, sometimes?

We met a few times, and she said: "Hey, call me. I could teach you a few things." The problem is, she's been really busy. Jodie is amazing. I'm lucky that my first experience with a star was with her.

Is there any other actress that inspires you in your career?

I've always thought I'd like to have a career like Catherine Keener's [leading actress of The 40-year-old Virgin], and be in a wonderful project after another. She looks, somehow, able to do this and be in this love, and good ground. But, in the end, you are what you are, and I choose things very impulsively.

I read that you're doing a movie directed by your mother...

No, I'm really busy filming Snow White. And my mom is directing a movie, from what I know, and it's going really well.

And how's Snow White?

We're still filming, but I'm excited. It was interesting to talk to the other actors in the cast to see the different visions we had in mind.

What do you do in your occasional days off?

I always answer the same thing: I try to read a book, or go out for a walk.

In other words, isolate from the world.

Yes. There are days I don't want to go to a store and have someone staring at me. Argh!  And sometimes you're just imagining, and people are not really doing that. In the beginning, I used to walk around looking down, with my chin on my chest. I do the same thing: I like to watch people, and if I come across a celebrity, I'm going to look at them.

You definitely created your own style, matching fancy dresses with sneakers...

I've worn lots of high heels on red carpets and liked it. But then I have to run to the stage and I don't like to go on pedestal on the tip of my toes to get an award that was voted by thousands of girls like me. It's so much better to be yourself, even if this sounds like a cliche. Some people have lots of expectations about what I wear and get upset if I don't wear high heels. But I know what to put on my feet, and I'm never dressed for anyone. The responsiable for my mistakes is me.
Translation @rk_br Via Stewartsource Via @KstewAngel - Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?