Friday, October 28, 2011

Bill Condon talks about Kristen, Rob and 'Breaking Dawn' (HitFix)


Was there any actor who surprised you? 

I think people will be surprised by everybody. In general, Kristen has such a huge journey to take and to watch her become this fierce, protective, powerful mother figure? I think that will surprise people. Taylor surprised me with his commitment and the dark places he goes to in this movie. And Rob, I think there is some sense that he has relaxed into this part and finally willing to show more of himself. His own charm, wit and grace are in evidence in this movie. It surprised me in how relaxed he seemed in something he’s fought a little against before.

How open were the actors to actually taking more direction than you’d expect?

All of the characters take tremendous steps in this story and that’s part of what turned me on to the material, to collaborate with Kristen Stewart as she goes from being the Bella we know in the first three movies to being a bride, being someone who finally has sex, gets pregnant, gets sick, gives birth, dies, become a vampire, becomes a warrior?  Just think of that journey.  I guess for none of them it was just playing the same old thing.

Hardcore fans will recognize Bella’s Lullaby I’m guessing?

Yes, it definitely plays a part.

Is there a theme that’s repetitive through the movie?

If I say there are three, I probably mean five.  There is a Renesme theme that really comes to fruition to movie two that is quite prominent in movie one.  There is a Bella/Edward love them that plays a lot throughout the first half of the movie. There is Jacob’s theme and there is a theme that suggests the love of everyone around Bella at the wedding, especially her parents and that’s really lovely.  I probably am missing one, but those are the big themes.

For the full interview go to HitFix 

Via @KstewAngel - Thank You!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?