Thursday, November 11, 2021

Scott Speedman, co-star in 'Crimes of the Future', talks about making the film and mentions Kristen

Excerpt from his full interview

Since you mentioned him, how was your time in Greece with David Cronenberg?

It was awesome. He was really the most exciting part to me. I’ve always wanted to work with him. Being a Canadian, there are a few directors in Canada that you want to work with before they hang it up, and he was definitely one. The Greece thing was wild because we were in this insanely beautiful place, doing this very dark movie [Crimes of the Future]. But he was amazing, and I learned a ton about my job, in a weird way, while working with him. He has a very unique style of shooting, which I didn’t see coming. He doesn’t have a big shot list or anything like that. He’ll reinvent the scene on the day. He’ll have something in his head, but if it’s different on that day, he’ll shoot it differently. As an actor, that was really fun to be around. It’s probably the best cast I’ve been involved in, top to bottom, with Léa Seydoux, Viggo Mortensen and Kristen Stewart. Kristen is at the top of her game right now, so that was exciting. I had a really dynamic role in it, and I had to step up and meet these amazing actors. So that was exciting and scary, to be totally honest.

For the uninitiated, Cronenberg is remaking Crimes of the Future, which he already made in 1970. I believe it was only released as a special feature on some of his other films’ Blu-rays. So how did he address the existing work?

He was like, “Don’t bother watching that.” It just didn’t relate to the movie we’re doing now. I think he wrote this script maybe a decade ago. It’s just been sitting there, and he’s been wanting to make it. It definitely goes back to his body horror, science fiction-horror days. I think his fans are going to be very excited by this movie.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?