Thursday, September 13, 2018

Video: Kristen and Chloe Sevigny's interview with We Live Entertainment for 'Lizzie'


Kristen Stewart and Chloë Sevigny talk Lizzie and how film festivals helped to shape their careers. from We Live Entertainment on Vimeo.

Transcript:

Scott Menzel: First, I wanted to say that I love the movie. You two light up the screen together. You’re incredible. Both of you. Chloe, I know this movie has been a long time coming for you. There’s a lot of backstory about it. What did it feel like to finally get it made?

Chloe Sevigny: It was shocking. I couldn’t believe every day that we were even on set, and I had so much enthusiasm, so grateful to everybody there that gave me their energy. It was super low budget. It was a real battle, and I felt like people were really excited to be there. From every crew member, I could feel the passion, drive, that we all had, and it was a good vibe on set. So that was really great to have that kind of support and encouragement.

Scott Menzel: Awesome. Kristen, what was your initial thoughts when you got the script and read it?

Kristen Stewart: I really liked it. I did it. Initially, I was really stoked to work with her in any capacity. The fact that she had been developing this for so long, and that she came at me with enthusiasm, immediately I was like, “Okay well it must be for a reason.” ‘Cause I admire her greatly and always have. So I read the script and thought that it was really up my alley. Really small and quaint, but only in a way that makes you wanna look closer at something ’cause it’s not easy to see, and it’s quiet the way that these women needed to function back then was very quietly, and so it was cool to hear … It was almost like the movie was like a whisper. Like a quiet conversation that you were now allowed to be privy to, and then when it explodes, in the end, it’s really disenchanting and terrifying. And so yeah, I was totally down.

Scott Menzel: I think you two are just so incredible in this movie I can’t say it enough.

Chloe Sevigny: She’s always incredible.

Scott Menzel: Kristen is amazing.

Kristen Stewart: I would have done anything. I didn’t even have to read the script.

Scott Menzel: Personal Shopper. Adventureland. Chloe, you’re great too. Come on. you started in Kids, and you’ve made your way up, and you’ve done so many different independent films, and you’ve just been incredible. Both of you.

Kristen Stewart: She is just awesome.

Scott Menzel: This movie premiered on Sundance. Kristen, I was sad that you weren’t there this year, but I know you had other stuff going on. How do you feel that film festivals have impacted your career and helped shape them?

Chloe Sevigny: Well for me definitely coming out of the independent world the film festivals give those films a platform to find audiences, and distribution, and press, and excitement around them, and having not worked in the studio system you rely on that, that’s all you have, and it’s really important because there are such small budgets for marketing, and everything else. So I think there’s also a stamp of approval that certain festivals can give a movie, and that generates excitement for them too. Just also being at festivals, and being in the film community, and running into other filmmakers, and producers, and actors, and just feeling that comradely that you’re in it together is like … I love being in festivals.

Kristen Stewart: Knowing that there is that esoteric side is also fun. Being like even if the whole world isn’t going to buy this, we see something in this and we’re gonna celebrate each other now, and take the time to acknowledge that there is a culture that exists that isn’t necessarily the masses.

Scott Menzel: Well thank you very much. It was good seeing you again.

Chloe Sevigny: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?