Monday, September 2, 2019

Kristen's interview with Vogue Italy for 'Seberg' at the Venice Film Festival


Credit: Vogue Italia
Google translated.

Not everyone is familiar with her affairs, did she have any? 
I think it is best known for the famous haircut (the pixie cut that made the history of fashion, ed.) But I wish instead that from now on it was her tragic story to be told.

The blessing and the curse of fame is something she knows well. Did it seem a bit like being mirrored in your life? 
The actresses have a public role, it is part of the game of the parts to appear in a certain way, but in my opinion it also makes a pact with those who follow you, that is, to remain as authentic as possible.

What do you like about Jean Seberg? 
The passionate spark in her eyes: you see in her both the exuberance and the fear of success, even if she loves contact with people very much. This led her to always get involved, to show courage. And it's not easy to sacrifice yourself for others, so those who have the strength to do so remain admirable.

In your opinion, why did you become a muse of the French movement? 
For its ability to take risks. I understand it well ... and over time, as I studied their behavior, I realized that everything revolved around the boundless desire to be accepted but above all looked at. As if continually saying: "I am true".

Should an actress take part in the political debate? 
It is a personal choice but I think it must be remembered that politics is not entirely white or black, there are many alternatives and it is not always the only one right for us. In this historical period we are all the spotlights, so we wouldn't even need to rummage in someone's emails for secret hornbeams, now our lives are public. Which also makes any threats less frightening, since everything is already under the sunlight.

In the past you haven't taken your popularity and interference in your private life very well, is it better now? 
Yes, yes, I'm ready for everything now! Seriously, I'm proud of the turn my career is taking and the recent collaborations I've had but I'm not here to complain instead of what fame has deprived me of. I decided to make instinctive choices and I'm not regretting it.

Do you not miss a direct dialogue with the public that social media can create? 
I realize that it is a way to get in touch and I understand who feels the need, but we live in an era that is too polarized and I hope that my work choices are for me to talk about. However, you cannot make everyone happy.

Have you always had such clear ideas? 
Absolutely not, as a girl I was really insecure, today I understand that success offers me a platform that I can use to make a difference and I'm not afraid to put my face to it. Two years ago I lived a strange time, in which I only wanted to protect myself.

How are you today? 
I feel serene to express my opinions in public, finally free.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?