Thursday, February 21, 2019

Beau Nelson mentions Kristen with Variety




Video shared by Beau Nelson on Instagram.

How would you describe your aesthetic?
I think the thing that comes up again and again is that people say I make women look expensive. And I really try to get to know my clients. I see who they are and what they’re comfortable with. … When I’m working with Kristen Stewart, for example, she likes a look, and she can really sell a look too, so no matter what I do to her, she pulls it out and she feels it. That’s why those things look at home on her, whereas I don’t do that to like, Anne Hathaway, or Christina Hendricks. But Christina Hendricks looks very beautiful in a classic red lip or even a ’60s kind of look, that’s where she likes to live.

What are some of your favorite looks you’ve done recently?
Kristen at Chanel Couture was pretty great. I thought that deep teal blue eye and the orange lip was very ’80s, David Bowie-ish …. There’s a look on Elizabeth Debicki that I really liked [for TIFF], it was a pale lavender.

How did you approach Kristen’s looks for Cannes? Every one of those was so creative, like the pearl-lid one, and the amfAR one with the aqua eye and pink lip.
I always take my cue from the fashion, so whatever she’s wearing is what ends up inspiring the look. I think there are a lot of makeup artists who are strictly “makeup artists,” and they really focus on the makeup, but I’m more interested in the total look overall. … She’s a great client to have because she’s so open to trying different beauty looks and she wears them so well.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?